This dish is filled with healthful fats and muscle-building protein but relatively low in carbs. This recipe will help you combat hunger and provide a dose of long-lasting energy.
1/2 cup Low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp. of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. Low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Splenda
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 150 – 200 grams of Chicken Breasts, skinless and cut into chunks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Red Peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Baby Corn
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Combine together the chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, Splenda, cornstarch, and white vinegar and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in chicken breast chunks, stir-frying for 6-8 minutes.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, and baby corn, cooking for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add combined mixture from step 1 to the skillet, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cashews and green onions, toss, and then serve.
You can add cous cous or rice to this dish if you wish for additional carbohydrate intake.