Sick to death of eating plain old porridge? Try this quick recipe to spice up your breakfast.
- 30-50 grams of porridge ( ideally gluten-free )
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder ( I use PHD)
- 80 – 100 mil coconut or almond milk
- 50 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp maple extract (optional but lovely!)
- In a nonstick pan, bring your milk, porridge, and ground almonds to a boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes depending on how thick / runny you like it.
- Remove the porridge from the heat and let it cool a bit before adding the protein powder & maple syrup.