Who doesn’t like a burger? but they can be calorie dense food that. You can look at different alternatives that are healthier & lower in calories.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-3 spring onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 Gluten free hamburger buns, split
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- In a griddle pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the spring onion until just softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, season with the salt and black pepper and let cool. Stir in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce then add the turkey and mix gently until just combined. Form into 6 patties.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Mist grill with cooking spray or line with foil and cook burgers 5 minutes. Turn and grill until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Top each burger with some of the blue cheese; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until burgers are just cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Arrange burgers on buns and top with sliced tomato, avocado and red onion.
Servings Per burger : 6
PER SERVING: 370 cal., 13 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 29 g carb. , 35 g pro.